Monday, December 18, 2006

We Used to be Friends...A Long Time Ago

Ouch, I haven't eaten anything today. Holy crap! I just realized that I skipped both breakfast and lunch. All I have had were like 2 pieces of an aero bar...No wonder my stomach is making noises lol. I guess I am past the stage of real hunger though...You know? When you've gone so long without eating that you forget you're hungry? Oh well, I'll eat something later...BTW: I'm not like aneorexic or anything. I just forgot. I do eat. I might as well just wait for supper at this point, though.

So a week ago, I met this girl on the bus. She just randomly started talking to me. LOL it was interesting though, because I've known who she was since elementary school (she didn't remember that we went to the same one) but we'd never spoken before. I thought it was interesting that she knew who I am. I was like "By the way, I'm Stephanie" and she's like "Oh I know that" ... I was like "how??" because like I said, she didn't remember me from elementary. Mind you, not many people remember me from that time, since I had shorter hair and glasses. Also I wore terrible clothing. I'm actually glad that they don't remember me. Anyway we just started talking, which was pretty cool. She was actually really nice. I like when you can just talk to people without needing a reason, you know?

Well, I make new friends a lot, but sometimes it's nice to stay in touch with the old ones. I do have several old friends, who I've known seemingly forever. A lot of my best friends from junior high, though, I don't talk to anymore. One of them moved to another city, so that's understandable, but the others I guess we just grew apart...I miss them, though. Sometimes we smile at each other in the halls at school, but I miss chilling with them. Having marathons of The O.C. and going to the mall (though we barely bought anything). I especially miss the girl that moved. She was like my BEST friend in the summer before high school. I think we hung out like four times a week. We saw virtually every movie in theatres, we went to the mall a lot, we'd have marathons of TV shows. We just had sooo much fun together. She was even able to drag me to WWE shows at the movie theatre. I think one of our best times was definately the Backstreet Boys concert. She didn't think I had fun (because I'm not that much of a fan) but I really did. She almost passed out though because she's pretty much in love with them! I wish she was still here. I hope I can see her again sometime. It's too bad we drifted apart before she moved. I miss the way things were...

Last May, my uncle died. He was awesome. He was so funny and so happy. I miss him a lot. The thing is, though, I don't cry for him. I know that he wouldn't want us to. I believe that he's in a better place, like Heaven. Why cry for someone if they are in Heaven, right? Mostly, I just feel bad for my aunt. Their love was the real thing. No question. They went through so much together, and now they can't even enjoy the best years of their lives. This will be my aunt's first Christmas without him. I hope it's not too painful for her. This is her favorite season (it's mine too) and I don't want it to be ruined for her...

In case you were wondering about the title of this entry, it's a song lyric from the theme to Veronica Mars. It's definately one of my new fave shows. I started watching it last summer, but I only saw like three episodes. I continued to tape it, but I didn't watch any of the episodes. So this weekend I discoverd that I had like 15 episodes stored on my TiVo and I was like "hey, I should watch some of these..." And now I am soooo beyond addicted. Seriously, it's an amazing show! I love it.

This weekend was pretty boring. I worked every fricking day and now my feet still hurt. Thankfully I was working most of it with the really awesome girl (so sad, cuz she quit!!!). Honestly, I think the highlight of working yesterday was when we found the pretty bags in the back to use. That's telling you something...

Christmas Count: 6 days, 6 hours, 4 minutes

I think that's all for now. Plus, I was supposed to start my essay about two hours ago. I should really do that.

xoxox byee

1 comment:

Nobody Likes Brunettes In A Hamster Ball Podcast said...

It is cool that you made a knew friend. I love making knew friends. Have a great day. When do you get out for Winter Break?